Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Unscientific Web Poll on Uninsured


First of all apologies for the lack of posts these past few months, but I've been considering expanding this concept of looking for new ideas on health and health care to a more advanced platform.


I started this blog to share what I've been reading or learning about health, but my main objective is to learn more from others. In order to accomplish this, I'm going to start posting more often and, hopefully, I'll get some more interesting feedback.


Nevertheless, I'm thinking of expanding beyond a blog and creating a site for people with the same needs as myself. Specifically, though I know there are a lot of websites devoted to Health care, I'm actually looking for something with more of a point of view (e.g., not so pro-Pharma and a bit more open minded). Any ideas would certainly be welcome on this.


On another front, I conducted a small, unscientific web poll soliciting a prediction on the number of uninsured Americans in the future and came up with the chart at the top of this post. For the most part, people would seem to be pessimistic (I'd count myself among them) about the future of the uninsured in America.
Even more interesting, the female respondents (70 out of the 200) were more realistic/pessimistic since 77% of these (compared to 71% of males) feel that the number of uninsured will increase. Even more interesting is the fact that 100% respondents in the 35-49 age group concur with the mayority of respondents (that the number of insured will increase).
Looking forward to your comments. :)



No comments: